For those of you who have short hair and want long hair, seductive locks for a unique occasion, or for those whose hair just does not grow, then hair extensions are a possibility. But there are many things which you should know before buying one .Are they really helpful? Are they good for your hair? How long do they last?
Many women today use hair extensions for the day of their wedding in order to get a perfect hairstyle with magnificent long locks you will need extensions. The biggest benefit of Ponytail hair extensions and you do not need to wait months and months to grow your hair just for your wedding, promotional ball or any other special occasion. Plus, if you want to go back to your short and sexy cut, you do not have to worry about anything, you need to just remove the extensions and you’ll immediately get your look yesterday! Also, if you are taking quality hair extensions in a reputable salon, your hair extensions can last up to 3 months, giving you weeks with long, beautiful braids. Another benefit is easy maintenance. You can take care of extensions in the same way as your hair. There is no need for any special maintenance.
As with all good things, there is a hidden side. This is also true for extensions. For example, although hair extensions can give you long hair immediately (say, a few hours in place of a few months), they can also damage your hair and your scalp. In fact, by brutally adding an overweight on your scalp, your scalp does not have time to adapt to overweight and this can cause irritation. Also, extensions can damage your hair depending on the type of hair extensions you choose. With hair extensions, you do not need to wait months to have long hair, but you will have to spend hours in the hairdresser’s chair every 3 months to get new ones. This is absolutely not a fast and pleasant hairstylist appointment – you can plan to spend eight hours in the chair. And here is the important point – hair extensions are quite expensive, unlike the natural hair growth that costs nothing. It’s an investment but if it’s really what you want then it’s worth it!
Different types of hair extensions:
There are 5 types of hair extensions, here is how they look and how they are applied:
- Clip extensions: As the name suggests, you clip them on the root of your hair to enlarge them. It’s the fastest and easiest but they do not last that long.
- Woven extensions: They are used when natural hair is previously braided in rows, simply, these extensions are sewn into your hair.
- Glued extensions: The extensions are glued with adhesives. They are assembled at the roots of natural hair.
- The extensions with adhesive strips: Again, as its name indicates, these extensions are taped on the hair for a perfect look. They do not last long and are used for a unique occasion.
- Ring extensions: The extensions are attached to the root of your natural hair through small rings.